Discovery Education Common Core Academies
- When: Friday, June 14, 2013, 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Where: Bartow County Learning Center
- Cost: $300
- Age limit: All ages
- Categories: Classes & Seminars
As educators across the country grapple with what the Common Core State Standards mean for curriculum and instruction, Discovery Education will offer Common Core Academies on June 13 and 14 to empower Atlanta-area teachers and administrators to successfully implement the new standards in their classrooms, schools and districts. The immersive, two-day professional development events are designed to provide teachers and administrators a better understanding of the key components of the Common Core State Standards, strategies for effectively integrating the standards into curriculum and instruction, and methods for aligning assessments to the standards. The events will be held at the Bartow County School District office.
The Common Core State Standards, which have been adopted by 45 states, provide teachers and administrators a consistent framework for the knowledge and skills students need to be college and career ready. To support educators in implementing the standards, Discovery Education is offering the following Common Core Academies to Atlanta teachers and administrators:
• Moving Toward Greater Focus and Coherence In Your Classroom: Making Common Sense Out of the Math Common Core State Standards
• Making the Common Core State Standards Make Common Sense In Your ELA and Content Area Classroom
For more information and to register for the Academies, visit http://www.discoveryeducation.com/Common-Core-Academy/.