Still no arrests in reported home invasion

By Kathy Jefcoats

A 15-year-old arrested in a stolen car as Henry County police responded to a home invasion report in Stockbridge cannot be ruled out as a suspect in that home invasion although he has not been charged.

The teen, who has not been identified because of his age, has been released to his mother, said Henry County Police Lt. Ken Turner. He is charged with theft by receiving stolen property and has likely made a Juvenile Court appearance.

Police have not charged the teen in connection with the armed invasion of the home of a Stockbridge dry cleaner but Turner said he has not been rule out.

"His alibi is not quite checking out," said Turner. "He's still a strong suspect."

Two masked, armed men wearing gloves forced their way into the Coach Way home early Tuesday morning. The two demanded money from the family – a husband, wife, grandmother and two small children.

After slightly "roughing up" members of the family, the men fled on foot, taking away a money bag and briefcases.

On the way to the home, an officer encountered the teen driving a stolen car.

No one has been charged in the incident. Police continue to look for the black male suspects as described by the family. One is 6 feet 2 inches tall, 250 pounds. The other is about 6 feet tall and weighs about 180 pounds.

Anyone with information about the incident should contact local law enforcement or 911.

Stabbing death probe progressing

Henry County police are putting together a case in the stabbing of an Augusta teen found dead Feb. 7 in McDonough but the going is slow.

Henry County police Lt. Ken Turner said Friday that several computers have been seized for analysis.

"They are at the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab for processing but they are so backed up," he said. "We're hoping to find some good information on them though."

Joshua "D.J." Bargeron, 18, was stabbed multiple times. His body was found Feb. 7 in a pasture off Highway 81, the property of former Riverdale Mayor Mary Lee.

Turner said the investigation is slow-going.

"We're running down leads but information is coming in little by little," he said. "We're still talking to people."

The investigation so far has revealed that Bargeron made contact with Mary Lee's son, Timmy Lee, 34, over the Internet. Bargeron's mother, Tammy Bargeron, said Timmy Lee came to Augusta and picked up her son to take back with him to McDonough.

Police said they know Bargeron stayed with Timmy Lee in his home. In a letter to Tammy Bargeron, Timmy Lee reportedly told her he last saw her son Dec. 18. That day – Josh Bargeron's 18th birthday – was also the last time Tammy Bargeron spoke to her son.

No one has been charged in the death and Timmy Lee has not been named as a suspect in the case.

The Lee family has been told to not discuss the case with the media. Mary Lee was mayor in Riverdale for about a dozen years before losing a reelection bid in November. She and her husband are planning to relocate to the family's 55 acres in McDonough this spring.