Saturday, March 26, 2005
© Copyright 2014
Clayton News Daily
By Aisha I. Jefferson
The wife of a Cherokee County man who died in their motor home at the Atlanta Motor Speedway has been released from the hospital, according to Emory Crawford Long Hospital.
Lori Thompson, 34, was airlifted to Emory Crawford Long Hospital after friends found her, and her husband, Christopher, 37, in their 1996 Dolphin 535 motor home, around 10:30 a.m. Monday, according to Henry County Police.
The couple, who are from Ball Ground, appeared to be apparent victims of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning caused by fumes from the motor home's generator getting inside the vehicle, Bolton said.
"It appears Mr. Thompson died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning but it may take several months for the toxicology report to come back before we can confirm this," Bolton said.
The Thompsons were at the Atlanta Motor Speedway for the race and were going to leave Monday morning once traffic died down, Bolton said.