Breaking News

Morrow city clerk resigns November 30, 2015


Police name suspect in Thanksgiving's triple shooting

By Daniel Silliman

Clayton County Police put a 21-year-old at the top of the wanted list Monday, alleging the man shot three people in the head on Thanksgiving day.

Alpha Timbo, a 21-year-old Conley man, is accused of murdering a 19-year-old man and shooting a 17-year-old girl and a 20-year-old woman in the head, outside Morrow.

According to arrest warrants, filed with the Clayton County court by Capt. Richard Gandee, Timbo was at the Hidden Creek apartment four times before he shot 19-year-old Darrious Dareiontae Adams, 20-year-old Kimberly Szilagyi, and 17-year-old Jasmine Brown.

According to multiple witnesses, Timbo met Adams at a gas station earlier on Wednesday, Nov. 21, and followed him back to the apartment to buy $4 worth of marijuana. Timbo, and another man, left the apartment, smoked the marijuana, and then returned, Gandee wrote in the warrant application.

During the second visit, Timbo allegedly pulled a silver-colered, .22-caliber revolver, and traded it for some pills and marijuana. The 21-year-old reportedly returned a third time that night, to buy the gun back for $40, Gandee wrote. On the fourth visit, witnesses said, Timbo "began fidgeting" with the .22.

Brown told police she was in the back of the apartment, getting a cigarette, and walked out to see Adams, also known as "Magic," sitting on a stool and Timbo holding the gun to the back of his head. Timbo fired, Brown said, and she ran to try and hide in the bathroom.

According to Gandee, Timbo then shot Szilagyi in the head, while she lay in bed sleeping, and forced Brown out of the bathroom and told her to stand and look at Adams. He then shot Brown, but it was only a "superficial head wound." The girl reportedly told police that she "played dead," in hopes the man wouldn't shoot her again.

Brown called her mother, and the woman drove the girl to the hospital and called 911. When police arrived, at about 4:30 a.m., they found Adams lying face-down on the floor in a pool of blood, and Szigagyi, her pajamas covered in blood, screaming, "My baby, my baby, my baby," according to police reports.

Four days after the shooting, Szigagyi remained in critical condition at Grady Hospital. Police have not been able to speak to her, and do not know what she meant by "my baby," said Capt. Greg Dickens, a police spokesman.

Brown was released from the hospital on Thursday, and has been cooperating with police. Adams was declared dead at the scene.

Police found security camera photos of Timbo at the gas station where he initially met Adams. Brown immediately identified him as the man who shot three people in the head, according to the warrant application. Police received warrants for Timbo's arrest on Friday.

Anyone with information about Timbo's location is asked to call Gandee at (770) 477-3614.