By Linda Looney-Bond
Clayton County Police announced Monday that they issued citations to 16 people, who allegedly sold alcohol to minors at convenience stores Friday night, during a sting operation.
"You get a citation on the first sell, and if it happens again, then, an arrest is made," said Lt. Tina Daniel, a public information officer for the police department.
"This is an effort to ensure the safety of our citizens over the holiday season," said Clayton Police Public Information Officer GlenNeta Griffin, in a written statement.
On Monday, police released the names and locations of the 16 persons cited. They were:
* Shyam Khanra, 43, Valero gas station, at 6720 Mt. Zion Blvd., Morrow.
* Harpreet Raina, 22, Citgo station, at 6629 Mt. Zion Blvd., Morrow.
* Chance Shalk, 39, Discount Food Mart, at 6550, Suite 113, Mt. Zion Blvd., Morrow.
* Sury Tulasi, 41, Citgo Quick Stop, at 5731 Trammell Rd., Morrow.
* Rajenda Patel, 43, Quick Save, at 136 S.R.,138, Riverdale.
* William Henley, 41, Chevron, at 7530 S.R. 85, Riverdale.
* Sardar Shah, 48, Shell Food Mart, at 7903 S.R. 54, Jonesboro.
* Nebeye Zemedu, 28, Happy Store, at 7694 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro.
* Othaniel Frazier, 29, Chevron, at 7264 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro.
* Ange Nurango, 59, Food Mart, at 525 Battle Creek Rd., Jonesboro.
* Matthias Ihenyon, 48, Shop N Go, at 5436 Riverdale Rd., Riverdale.
* Edna Fambro, 47, Exxon, at 5300 Riverdale Rd., Riverdale.
* Regie Coutinho, 59, Shell, at 5883 S.R. 85, Riverdale.
* Mattinos Kelati, 37, Shell Food Mart, at 6036 W. Fayetteville Rd., Riverdale.
* Muhammed Ali, 42, Get N Go, at 5995 Riverdale Rd., Riverdale.
* Vijay Sharma, 46, Texaco, at 126 Valley Hill Rd., Riverdale.
During the sting, the police department had several Special Operations teams working simultaneously throughout the county, according to Griffin.
"We expect all businesses to comply with the letter of the law, and failure to do so will result in arrests being made, and business licenses being revoked," said Clayton County Police Chief Jeff Turner, in a written statement.