From Staff Reports
Playing its first home match in more than two weeks, the Clayton State Laker women's tennis team concluded regular season play in the Peach Belt Conference with an impressive 9-0 shutout victory over visiting Montevallo at Laker Courts.
The victory, the second straight and fifth in the last the last seventh matches for the Lakers, improves 12th-ranked Clayton State to 13-6 overall and 10-2 in the Peach Belt. Montevallo falls to 7-13 overall and 1-10 in the Peach Belt.
Clayton State showed complete dominance in the match, losing only two games combined in the six singles matches, and only six games combined in the three doubles matches. Viktoriya Semyrodenko (No. 1), Ivana Kommelova (No. 3), Evelin Csizi (No. 5) and Charlotte Fabricius (No. 6) each won singles matches without losing a game for the Lakers.
In doubles, the team of Marie Cercelletti and Katie White won by shutout at No. 2.
Clayton State closes out the 2010 regular season next Wednesday (April 14) at home against Brenau.
Clayton State 9, Montevallo 0
1. Viktoriya Semyrodenko (CLS) d. Alex Mangum 6-0, 6-0
2. Katie White (CLS) d. Helene Nordgreen 6-0, 6-1
3. Ivan Kommelova (CLS) d. Kristi Kelly 6-0, 6-0
4. Marie Cercelletti (CLS) d. Emily Blackwood 6-0, 6-1
5. Evelin Csizi (CLS) d. Calli Robinson 6-0, 6-0
6. Charlotte Fabricius (CLS) d. Amy McGucken 6-0, 6-0
1. Semyrodenko/Kommelova (CLS) d. Mangum/Blackwood 8-3
2. White/Cercelletti (CLS) d. Kelly/Robinson 8-0
3. Budd/Fabricius (CLS) d. Nordgreen/Kodi Bobo 8-3