Clayton State University his created an online, one-stop shop for all things related to the inauguration of its fourth permanent president, Tim Hynes.
He is scheduled to be invested, officially, as president on Friday, Oct. 1, at 10:30 a.m., in the university's Athletics and Fitness Center.
Ahead of that day, however, people who are interested in finding out a little bit more about Hynes' background, seeing a schedule of inauguration-related events, or learning about the history of the university, can log onto www.clayton.edu/inauguration/.
Eventually, the inauguration program, a pre-inauguration press release, inauguration photographs, and the inauguration address, will also be added to the web site, according to the site itself.
Hynes came to Clayton State as its interim president in May 2009, following the departure of former President Thomas K. Harden, who left to take a similar position at a college in Wisconsin.
After nine months of serving in his interim position, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia appointed Hynes to fill the position on a permanent basis.
Prior to coming to Clayton State, Hynes spent 13 years at the University of West Georgia, as that school's provost, and vice president of academic affairs. Before he was at West Georgia, he spent 18 years as a professor, associate dean, and later, interim dean at the University of Louisville, according to the inauguration web site.
Hynes did teaching stops at Baylor University, the University of Massachusetts, and the University of North Carolina before he was at Louisville.
The web site shows that inauguration-related events, all of which will take place on Clayton State's main campus in Morrow, will include:
On Thursday, Sept. 30
• A Visual and Performing Arts Showcase, at Spivey Hall, from 11:30 a.m., to 12:30 p.m.
• An academic conference, in the Music Building, from 12:30 p.m., to 3 p.m.
• An invitation-only inaugural reception, in the Student Activities Center, from 7 p.m., to 9 p.m.
On Friday, Oct. 1
• The Inauguration Investiture Ceremony, in the Athletics and Fitness Center, beginning at 10:30 a.m.
• An Inaugural Picnic and Ice Cream Social, in the James M. Baker University Center, immediately following the investiture ceremony.
On Saturday, Oct. 2
• A health fair, hosted by Clayton State's College of Health, in the Harry S. Downs Center for Continuing Education, from 9 a.m., to noon.
• A Student Community Involvement Day, will include several activities that will be organized by the university's Office of Student Affairs.
On the Net:
Clayton State University inaugural web site: www.clayton.edu/inauguration