0

Two juveniles arrested in third teen's death

The weekend shooting death of a 16-year-old Locust Grove teen initially was reported as a fatal self-inflicted wound, but an ongoing inquiry the county police department has resulted in the arrest of two other teens on charges of involuntary manslaughter, burglary, and pointing a gun at another.

"There could be additional charges filed in this case," said Henry County Detective Sgt. Mike Ireland. The deceased juvenile, identified Henry County Police as Brian Comer, and two other juveniles, "broke into the home" at 1425 Leguin Mill Road, in Locust Grove, according to Maj. Jason Bolton.

Comer and one of the two surviving juveniles, had been staying at the Locust Grove home since they were reported missing for about a week, according to police. Ireland described Comer and one of the surviving teens as "runaway juveniles."

"Two of the juveniles were said to have been pointing an unloaded shotgun at each other, and pulling the trigger," said Ireland. "The shotgun was discharged during the incident, striking one of the juveniles in the head."

Bolton said because of the "inconsistency with the story of a self-inflicted wound, and evidence at the scene," police charged both juveniles with the shooting.

Police said their investigation revealed that Comer and the other male juvenile runaway had been occupying the residence without permission from the owner, for the past week. The homeowner was not aware of the incident until police contacted him on Monday.

"The homeowner gave us no indication that he knew any of the juveniles," said Bolton.

Saturday, Henry County 911 received a call in reference to a self-inflected gunshot wound to a juvenile, said Sgt. Ireland.

"Police were dispatched to a residence in Locust Grove, where [they] discovered a 16-year-old male juvenile with a fatal gunshot wound to the head, said Ireland. Henry County Police Investigators later discovered the injuries were not self-inflicted.

Bolton said the two surviving juveniles left the scene and told a parent, and the parent called police. It was one of the parents who called 911, according to Ireland.

Both juveniles are being held at Metro Youth Detention Center. Detectives were still gathering information at the scene on Monday, said Ireland.