Felon again faces family violence charges

A Clayton County man released in May after serving almost two years in a Georgia state prison for a 2008 family violence assault, was arrested Thursday for allegedly beating up his girlfriend.

Lekevis Cordell Williams, 25, of Riverdale, is being held without bond in the Clayton County Jail. He made his first appearance Thursday afternoon in Clayton Magistrate Court. Magistrate Allyson Pitts appointed a public defender to represent Williams on the new charges.

Pitts told Williams she would not set a bond on kidnapping and false imprisonment charges, but set one of $6,700 on charges of obstruction of an officer, battery and criminal trespass.

According to Clayton County Magistrate Court criminal warrants, Williams is on probation or parole following his release from Dooly State Prison. Georgia Department of Corrections records show that Williams was locked up Dec. 30, 2009, after being convicted of terroristic threats and acts, two counts of criminal damage to property in the second degree, and false imprisonment. He was released May 6.

Williams told Pitts he had no questions during Thursday's brief hearing. He was returned to his cell where he will remain, pending his March 22 preliminary hearing.

The new warrants allege that Williams beat his girlfriend, Sintrell S. Lott, 19, in the face, mouth and back during an argument Thursday, at about 12:23 a.m. Police said Williams put her belongings in a white laundry bag and put the bag in his trunk to keep her from it.

According to police, Williams grabbed Lott’s hair and dragged her back into the apartment where they lived on Garden Walk Boulevard. Police allege that he held Lott against her will after she ran out of the apartment trying to get help to avoid the beating.

When officers responded to the apartment, in reference to an anonymous call about a women being beaten, Williams kept Lott from opening the door, said police. Officers said Williams refused to let them in because he thought he had active arrest warrants in an unrelated case.

He was finally taken into custody at about 1:11 a.m., said police.

Pitts ordered that –– if Williams is released –– he is to have no contact with Lott, and should not return to the apartment they shared at the time of the arrest.