Closing arguments underway in the case against Clayton Sheriff Victor Hill

Defense attorney Drew Findling speaks to jurors during closing arguments Wednesday morning. (Staff Photo: Kathy Jefcoats)

JONESBORO — Closing arguments are underway in the case against Clayton County Sheriff Victor Hill.

Clayton County Superior Court Judge Albert Collier will charge the jurors when closing arguments end and then the panel will begin deliberating the 27 felonies.

Check back for updates.

Comments

OscarKnight 8 months ago

...Quote : (("Defense attorney Drew Findling is addressing jurors in a last bid to convince them to acquit Hill. Special prosecutor Layla Zon will speak after Findling finishes."))

.....Having the last word might be a blessing, for those jury members that suffers from memory loss !!

....Clayton County has a stock pile of memory losers.

MD 8 months ago

I heard he just threw out a huge race card to the jurors this morning. Pathetic.

OscarKnight 8 months ago

.....My neighbor just came back from the courthouse, and he told me that it's a Race Card Side Show Circus all over the courthouse......Complete with racist slurs.

...By the way; Crackers is something that I put in my chili and soup.

MD 8 months ago

I guess we were wrong to expect anything else at a Victor Hil trial in this county.

OscarKnight 8 months ago

....It will be real juicy if Victor is found guilty..Big time !!!

....We will be talking about this for many years to come.......One of those long lasting Monumental Moments, better than "The Snipers on the Roof".

MD 8 months ago

Get ready for another let down. Prepare!

OscarKnight 8 months ago

..."Let Down" ?

....If this county goes down anymore, We might hit Oil, China, or the pits of hell.

OscarKnight 8 months ago

.....I read on another News site, that The Jury went home without reaching a Verdict today.

.....Maybe they wanted another day from work, another day of pay, maybe their are in disagreement.