JONESBORO — Clayton County families will have several entertainment options available to them this weekend.
Families can choose from multiple reading events, a cook-off, movie viewings, a festival and a cover band concert. Among the activities will be the latest installments in Riverdale’s “Friday Night Flicks” and Jonesboro’s summer concert series. Special events including the South Metro Caribbean Festival and a Forest Park car and bike show/BBQ festival.
The full list of weekend events includes:
• The Brookdale Dine and Dance Club will meet at 6 p.m. at the Jim Huie Recreation Center, 9045 Tara Blvd., Jonesboro. The group is for residents over 55 and visitors are asked to bring a dish for a potluck dinner held at the beginning of the meeting. After dinner, at about 6:45 p.m., attendees will begin dancing. Admission is $5 for the dancing.
• “Friday Night Flicks” will be held at 9 p.m. at the Riverdale Town Center, 7200 Church St. The movie to be shown is “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted.” Admission is free.
• A car and bike show will be hosted by the city of Forest Park from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Starr Park.
• “Music to my Eyes: A Musical Film Series” will be held from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at the Forest Park library branch, 4812 West St.
• Storytime with Ms. Julie will be held at Barnes and Noble, 1939 Mount Zion Road in Morrow at 11 a.m. Participants will sing songs and read a story together.
• The South Metro Caribbean Festival will be held from 1 to 8 p.m. at Clayton County International Park, 2300 Ga. Highway 138 in Jonesboro.
• “Super Fun Saturday Family Storytime” will be held from 2 p.m. until 3 p.m. at the Riverdale library branch, 420 Valley Hill Road.
• Nook Q&A will be held at Barnes & Noble in Morrow at 4 p.m. Nook enthusiasts and newbies will learn how to better use the mobile reading device at this free event.
• The Jonesboro Concert Series will feature Abel, Rawls and Hayes during its second installment at 7 p.m. at Lee Street Park.
• Anointed Victory Community Church will hold a preview service at 4:30 p.m. at 194 Jonesboro Road, Suite N in Jonesboro. The church will begin a new miniseries, titled “RESTORE,” during the service. A mixer will be held before the service.