JONESBORO U.S. Rep. David Scott (D-Ga.) is set to announce eight Clayton County residents will be part of his annual nominations for military academy appointment Saturday.
In all, the congressman will announce a total of 22 nominations this weekend, during a ceremony at the National Archives at Atlanta, located at 5780 Jonesboro Road, in Morrow. The event is expected to run from 10 a.m. until noon.
Every year, Scott holds the ceremony to present each nominated student with a certificate. He also poses for photographs with each nominee and their family. The students and their parents also get to address the audience.
This year’s Clayton County nominees include:
U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Md.
• Shara Hunte, a Morrow resident and Mt. Zion High School student.
U.S. Military Academy, West Point, N.Y.
• Akiiki Brown, a Hampton area resident and active duty member of the U.S. Army.
U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
• Adolfo DeGracia, a Riverdale resident and North Clayton Comprehensive High School student.
• De'Nasia Grayson, a Jonesboro resident and Mundy's Mill High School student.
• Vivian McDougald, a Forest Park resident and Mt. Zion High School student.
• Charles Swinney, III, a Jonesboro resident and Mundy's Mill High School student.
• Andrew Terrell, a Jonesboro resident and Charles R. Drew High School student.
• Javon Walton, an Ellenwood resident and Morrow High student.