By Kathy Jefcoats
JONESBORO — A College Park man has been indicted on child rape charges involving two alleged victims.
Ahquan Dante Boyd, 35, has been unable to post bond and is being held in the Clayton County Jail. He was indicted Wednesday for rape of a child under 10, five counts of child molestation, three counts of aggravated sexual battery, and aggravated child molestation.
Police said the alleged rapes happened between June 2011 and May 2012.
In other indictments:
• Justin Scott Laster, 22, of Griffin is being held without bond in the Clayton County Jail for four counts of child molestation, three counts of aggravated sexual battery, two counts of simple battery against a child under 16 and enticing a child for indecent purposes.
• Shaquille Shavon Lee, 19, of Conley and Jerry Bernard Hughley III, 23, of Stockbridge were indicted on two counts each of false imprisonment, armed robbery and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony, and three counts of aggravated assault.
Police said the two hit Kadeem Montgomery in the head with a gun and also shot him March 19. The two also allegedly pointed a gun at Frances Ramos and robbed her. Lee and Hughley are being held in the Clayton County Jail.
• Felix Umana was indicted for a May 30, 2006, rape.
• Joiya Monique Nealy was indicted for contributing to the delinquency of a minor, child cruelty and making a false statement. Police said she left her 4-year-old child alone and lied to police about leaving the child with a baby-sitter Aug. 12.
• Douglas McDonald Jones Jr. was indicted for child cruelty and simple battery. Police said Jones put a child under 18 in a choke hold Sept. 3.
• Johnnie Onesimus Cabbell Jr. was indicted for taking a stolen gun to the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport March 28. He faces charges of carrying a weapon into an unauthorized location and theft by receiving stolen property.
All defendants should be considered innocent until proven guilty.