By Kathy Jefcoats
JONESBORO — A Riverdale man was indicted Wednesday for allegedly shooting his mother multiple times in an argument over money and her car.
Anthony Wilbur Lyons Jr., 21, has been held in the Clayton County Jail without bond since his arrest in July for allegedly shooting his mother, Terri Lynn Dawson, 51. He was indicted on nine counts of aggravated assault, two of aggravated battery and one motor vehicle theft.
Police said he demanded cash and the keys to his mother’s Cutlass Supreme July 7. When she refused, police said he shot her in the chest, hand, right shoulder, left thigh, right arm, abdomen and right buttock. Police said Lyons fled the scene in her car.
Dawson survived the shooting. Lyons denies any wrongdoing.
In other indictments:
• Robert Stokes, 26, of Decatur was indicted for theft by taking, entering an auto, battery and driving on a suspended license. Police said he stole a 2005 Ford Explorer and drove it away while the owner held onto it. He has been in the Clayton County Jail since his arrest in the alleged Jan. 5 incident.
• Richardo Canizales Morales, 38, of Forest Park was indicted on seven counts of child molestation and four counts of sexual battery. Police said the alleged incidents occurred between January 2002 and December 2004. He is in the Clayton County Jail.
• Christopher David Wilson has been indicted for serious injury by vehicle, DUI, reckless driving and failure to maintain a lane in an alleged Oct. 30, 2011, crash. Police said Wilson drove a 2009 Nissan Maxima while under the influence and injured Timothy Brown. Police said Wilson registered a .109 or higher grams of alcohol three hours after driving.
• Emeterio Baltierrez, 62, of Ellenwood was indicted on aggravated sexual battery, two counts of aggravated child molestation, child molestation and sexual battery on a child under 16. Police said the alleged incidents involved two victims. He is in the Clayton County Jail.
• Margarito Hernandez, 34, of Jonesboro was indicted in an alleged Aug. 10 incident. She faces 10 counts of aggravated assault, obstruction of an officer, reckless conduct and five counts of third-degree child cruelty. Police said she swerved her car toward a police officer and waved a shotgun at nine people in front of five children.
She is being held in the Clayton County Jail.
All defendants should be considered innocent until proven guilty.