JONESBORO — A Clayton County grand jury has indicted a man on multiple charges involving the allegations he tried to molest a child.
Brandon Antwaun Pierce, 28, is out on bond on charges of computer pornography, sexual materials and furnishing obscene materials to a minor. Prosecutors allege Pierce asked a child under 16 when they were going to have sex and used a wireless computer to transmit sexually-explicit messages and images.
In other indictments:
• Calvin Bernard Cobb faces a charge of theft by taking, robbery and battery under the Family Violence Act. Prosecutors said Cobb took a vehicle from his mother.
• Keri Lynn Carter, also known by other aliases, was indicted for first-degree child cruelty. Prosecutors said Carter beat her child with a coat hanger and belt March 16, 2010.
• Tony Victor Stevenson was indicted for stalking, terroristic threats and acts and kidnapping. Prosecutors allege he followed a woman by car Oct. 15, 2012, and threatened to kill her.
• Shawn Eric King was indicted for criminal damage to property in the first degree. Prosecutors said he threw a cinderblock into the window of Southside Inn Motel April 1. He also faces two counts of battery.
• Jeffrey Scott Spinks was indicted for aggravated assault and battery under the Family Violence Act. Prosecutors said Spinks beat a woman in the head with a tire iron and cut her chest with scissors July 12.
• Daquar Ali Terry was indicted for 10 counts of aggravated assault on a police officer Aug. 9. Codefendant Clyde Walker Jr. was indicted for obstruction of an officer. Both men face charges of theft by receiving stolen property.
The two men and a third, Aldren Jason Ellis, were indicted for possession of marijuana and drug scales.
Terry faces charges of possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime and by a convicted felon.
• Eddie Glenn Williams Jr. was indicted for child cruelty in the first degree. Prosecutors said he hit a child in the face.
All defendants should be considered innocent until proven guilty.