Who doesn’t like a deal?
On the scavenger hunt for antiques
Most individuals have antiques of one kind or another in their immediate surroundings.
Can we just get a break from all of the fees charged on flights nowadays?
It is not uncommon for city, county and school board officials to put a limit on how much citizens can speak at local government meetings. However, the elected officials themselves can drone on and on and on, about nothing that really pertains to the deliberative process.
There are nine government bodies in Clayton County that meet 19 times a month.
Let’s try something a little different this week and recognize one Georgia city that went all out for its annual spring festival.
Don’t you just hate it when someone parks their car on the street in front of your home?
What do you geek?
Dr. Henry Anderson has been no stranger to county commissioners in recent weeks as he has repeatedly called on them to give additional support to police and to clean up unsightly properties.
Boston ranks as one of my Top 6 all-time favorite cities.
Once again the nation mourns.
Have you ever noticed that the so-called deals on airplane tickets always include an asterisk?
City meetings in Lake City are, in many ways, an exercise in local government transparency.
You’d think it’d be easy to get from one major city in southern Europe to another but noooo, life can’t always be that convenient.
Even if they can only look at how their legislative decisions will impact the election, rather than how it impacts people’s lives on a daily basis, elected officials would be wise to understand the words of former U.S. Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill who observed, “All politics is local.”
Letters to the Editor
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Jan. 9, 2013
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Oct. 5, 2012 1 comment
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Sept. 26, 2012 2 comments
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Sept. 21
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Sept. 18, 2012
- Re: Cartoon in the Clayton News Daily
- Thanks to all the elves who give of themselves
- Letter to the Editor - BOBBY WILLIAMS and DWIGHT GINN
- Letter to the Editor - WILLIAM E. MITCHELL 3 comments
- Letter to the Editor - DAVID RASHMIR