Dr. Henry Anderson has been no stranger to county commissioners in recent weeks as he has repeatedly called on them to give additional support to police and to clean up unsightly properties.
Boston ranks as one of my Top 6 all-time favorite cities.
Once again the nation mourns.
Have you ever noticed that the so-called deals on airplane tickets always include an asterisk?
City meetings in Lake City are, in many ways, an exercise in local government transparency.
You’d think it’d be easy to get from one major city in southern Europe to another but noooo, life can’t always be that convenient.
Even if they can only look at how their legislative decisions will impact the election, rather than how it impacts people’s lives on a daily basis, elected officials would be wise to understand the words of former U.S. Speaker of the House Tip O’Neill who observed, “All politics is local.”
Christopher Walken once said, “I’ve got a fever and the only cure is more cowbell” while playing a music producer in a famous Saturday Night Live sketch.
And, you thought my views on art in Jonesboro would be limited to one column.
Finally, an attorney representing local government gets it right.
Live your life for an audience of One.
Let’s face it, Jonesboro needs more art.
It is high time for our county commissioners, city council members, the board of education, water authorities, our state representatives and senators and all public officials to take a hard look at government transparency.
Saint Patrick’s Day is right around the corner but I’m not feeling lucky.
Self-government — that’s what being an American is about.
Letters to the Editor
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Jan. 9, 2013
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Oct. 5, 2012 1 comment
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Sept. 26, 2012 2 comments
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Sept. 21
- CLAYTON LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: Sept. 18, 2012
- Re: Cartoon in the Clayton News Daily
- Thanks to all the elves who give of themselves
- Letter to the Editor - BOBBY WILLIAMS and DWIGHT GINN
- Letter to the Editor - WILLIAM E. MITCHELL 3 comments
- Letter to the Editor - DAVID RASHMIR