Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
Officials: Targets include college students, seniors and church members
The Internal Revenue Service is warning college students and other taxpayers to beware of an emerging federal tax refund scam tempting students to relinquish their personal identification and file tax returns claiming fraudulent refunds.
District administrators from across the Southeast region convened this week to take part in the Future Ready Regional Summit at the S. Truett Cathy Professional Learning Center.
Navy Ensign Nnamdi Moh of Jonesboro is serving aboard USS Jason Dunham.
Years of preparation got Steve Teske to his current post as Clayton County’s chief judge of juvenile courts.
Orgranization hosts its first Golden Hammer Awards April 26
Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity plans to honor those who have provided exceptional support to its mission of helping low income working families who “need a hand up, not a hand out” towards home ownership and home repair services.
The buzz of young, cheerful voices quickly faded into a symphony of violins and cellos.
School Notebook 3-28-15
Georgia United Credit Union launched its second annual Georgia United School Crashers makeover contest this week.
‘The good far out-weighed the bad’: Chairman Jeff Turner emphasizes Clayton County’s strides in 2015 State of the County address
Chairman emphasizes county’s recent strides in 2015 State of the County address
Chairman Jeff Turner used his 2015 State of the County Address Thursday to encourage residents to take pride in what Clayton County accomplished in 2014.
Kawame Gyimah guided the hose back and forth until a rainbow appeared out of the mist over the school parking lot.
The special election to fill the vacant District 9 seat on the Clayton County Board of Education is set for June 16.
Clayton County Public Schools will host a certified teachers job fair Friday.
Conflict is as inevitable as Georgia humidity in August.
Riverdale’s mayor and council recognized 17 of the city’s most talented basketball youths Monday.
Gov. Nathan Deal appointed Rep. Mike Glanton to a committee to ensure transit keeps expanding in the metro Atlanta area.
JONESBORO — The Easter Bunny is going to be busy in the Southern Crescent over the next few weeks.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- IRS warns college students against becoming victims of tax refund scam
- Clayton hosts Future Ready Regional Summit
- Jonesboro’s Nnamdi Moh serves aboard USS Jason Dunham
- Chief Judge Steve Teske, others speak careers to Pointe South kids
- Southern Crescent Habitat for Humanity to celebrate supporters
- Area orchestra students participate in large group performance evaluations
- Georgia United accepting applications for School Crashers Makeover
- Kids get career tips at Eddie White Academy career day
- Teacher job fair set Friday for Clayton County Public Schools
- New Jonesboro Diner opens in Butch’s old building
- EUGENE ROBINSON: The long shadow of racism
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water