Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
A list of happenings around the Clayton County faith community
Panola Mountain State Park is hosting a Photographers and Artists Morning Out April 19 from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the park.
The GRPA 4th District Track and Field Meet will be held April 18 starting at 6 p.m. and April 19 starting at 10 a.m. at Twelve Oaks Stadium.
A job fair will be held at the Lovejoy Community Center.
Chibunkem Onyinanya and Nicholas Saucedo honored at Jonesboro City Council meeting
JONESBORO — Awards were handed out Monday evening to the winners of “If I Were Mayor” essay contest.
With Easter weekend upon us, I think it’s important to look at what I think are the two most significant of Jesus’ miracles.
Georgia’s May 20 party primary is just over a month away, but a key deadline related to that election is right around the corner.
David has been at the shelter most of his life.
JONESBORO — The Clayton County Humane Society is in desperate need of donations for its upcoming spring yard sale.
Clayton County is the sixth most connected county in a metro area that was noted in a new study for having more urban sprawl than any other metropolitan area, according to the report.
A group of community activists will partner with Divine Faith Ministries International this weekend to raise awareness about issues facing Southern Regional Medical Center.
RENJE: $600 cell phones, the dignity of a minimum wage job: Overcoming systematic & culture failures
Last week, I wrote about The Culture of Poverty, and I wanted to begin this column with a real life example of something I just witnessed that underscores both the cultural and systematic failures of American society.
Nicholas Wahrmann and his brothers, Ryan and Jonathan, got up close and personal with “Millie” at the William H. Reynolds Memorial Nature Preserve in Morrow Saturday.
JONESBORO —There’s a new scam that could be hitting your email inbox.
Clayton County children who rely on free or reduced price school breakfasts and lunches for two meals a day during a school year will have a meal option this summer.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Clayton County adopts new rules for opening warming, cooling centers
- Rotarians recognize students for life insights
- Pop singer Miley Cyrus cancels concerts after hospitalization
- Paul Walker's brothers to fill in for late actor in 'Fast & Furious 7'
- Stephen Colbert named as next host of CBS 'Late Show' to replace Letterman
- Clayton residents enjoy nature and Wild Azalea Festival
- Senior field trips offer social time (WITH PHOTO GALLERY)
- Mickey Rooney, America's boy next door, dies at age 93
- George Strait wins Academy of Country Music Entertainer of the Year (Photo Galleries)
- BOC issues proclamations to cancer survivors, students and school officials
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water