Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
Mayor and council voted Monday to enter into three agreements with MARTA that worked out how the authority would operate two bus stations in Riverdale and how it would operate advertising in bus shelters in the future.
Riverale’s mayor and a council member received recognition from the Georgia Municipal Training Institute at the Annual Mayor’s Day Conference in Atlanta Sunday.
Clayton County Public Schools is seeking community input on an issue districts across Georgia are chiming in on — the state’s flexibility options plan.
There were 12 restaurants evaluated in Clayton County from Jan. 17-23.
Some low-to-moderate income taxpayers may have to find a new place to receive tax preparation assistance this year.
As part of a statewide Martin Luther King Jr Day of Service, Forest Park Georgia Power employees volunteered at Calvary Refuge Center Jan. 19
School employees of the year honored in Clayton
A well-dressed crowd gathered inside the auditorium to celebrate loved ones and colleagues in an annual school employee recognition ceremony Thursday.
I know everyone has seen people standing on a street corner with a sign asking for money or help in some way.
Clayton County Water Authority receives Georgia FOG Alliance Award for excellence in fats, oils, grease management
MORROW — Clayton County Water Authority’s Environmental Compliance Division recently received the 2014 Georgia Fats, Oils and Grease Alliance Program of the Year.
Morrow police chief "relieved of his duties" Thursday morning.
County commissioners chose two residents to represent Clayton County on MARTA’s Board of Directors.
Not long ago I listened to more possible terrorist warnings — threats to the West, like the Paris tragedy.
As we celebrated Martin Luther King Jr.’s birthday earlier this week, I think it’s a good time for the church — the Body of Christ in America — to look inward on our own role in helping to mold and shape the coming generations.
For more information, visit claytoncountyhumane.org or call 770-471-9436.
Congressman David Scott (GA-13) plans to host a special ceremony to honor students from Georgia’s 13th Congressional District with nominations to attend one of the nation’s esteemed military service academies, which include the United States Air Force, Merchant Marine, Military (West Point) and Naval academies.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- VIRAL VIDEO: Principal announces snow day with 'Let It Go' parody
- Georgia's Phillip Phillips, American Idol winner seeks to escape contract
- Charlton Bivins resigns post on Clayton County Board of Education
- School officials reviewing flexibility governance options
- ‘An Evening with the Stars’
- Former U.S. surgeon general helps remember Martin Luther King Jr. at annual prayer breakfast
- Clayton County restaurant health scores for the week of Jan. 19, 2015
- Stilwell students get state honors
- Officials talk about Common Core among education issues in 2015
- Clayton County restaurant health scores for the week of Jan. 12 2015
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water