Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
The Matters Movement postponed its scheduled rally against alleged homophobia in the city government Thursday because of rain.
Two Clayton County service members are set to receive the French government’s highest honor.
On Thursday, dozens of Clayton County police and community members gathered for a 8.9-mile run with the flame during the county’s annual Law Enforcement Torch Run.
School Notebook 5-30-15
Tiara Letriece Smith has graduated with a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Alabama State University in Montgomery, Ala.
Proposal includes raises, additional instructional day
The Clayton County Board of Education is set to adopt its fiscal year 2016 budget Monday.
The city is ready to rock out this summer with its annual Summer Concert Series.
New Life A.M.E. Zion Church, 3300 Roosevelt Highway in College Park, is hosting a spring festival 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. May 30.
Consultant, business owner share excitement over Airport South CID with Clayton County Chamber of Commerce members
Consultant Nicole Hall assured a room full of Clayton County Chamber of Commerce members they should see attractive improvements in the Pheonix Boulevard area as early as 2016.
Former Riverdale Councilwoman Michelle Bruce files ethics complaints in response to Councilwoman Cynthia Stamps-Jones’ ethics complaints
Ethics complaints continue to breed more ethics complaints in Riverdale.
If your home in the Gillem area was sampled in the winter, it’s time to get it checked out again.
Morrow council recognized residents who could now save lives in their communities.
JONESBORO — Dozens of women have been working together for a year piecing, cutting, sewing and quilting all in preparation for one big day — The Annual Cat and Dog Quilt Sale.
Grassroots activist movement plans protest of alleged homophobia in Riverdale
Forest Park Mayor David Lockhart gets rid of with council’s ward fund, suggests alternative ordinance
Mayor David Lockhart has done away with the council’s ward money.
Clayton County residents celebrated Memorial Day at The Beach Monday.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Locals graduate higher ed institutions
- BOE to vote on FY16 budget Monday
- 11th Annual Cat and Dog Quilt sale coming up June 6
- Making dreams come true
- Utopian Academy gets Hollywood visitors
- Stilwell make history with first graduating class
- Transition program available for rising kindergartners
- Mayor bestows scholarship upon Lovejoy High senior
- Celebrating cultures, Head Start pupils show multi-national colors
- City celebrates with annual Jonesboro Days
- EUGENE ROBINSON: The long shadow of racism
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water