Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
Money raised will benefit the Clayton County Humane Society
JONESBORO — The Clayton County Humane Society is hosting its first ever car show Saturday.
The Cole Bros. Circus will be at Atlanta Motor Speedway Sept. 19 to 21.
Alexis Perkey, 12, and John Guiller, 7, weren’t clowning around when they completed the Clayton News Daily and Henry Daily Herald’s coloring contest Sept. 12.
This was the Women on the Move Summit — a forum put on by Kim McNair Productions and Wells Fargo intended to inspire and inform local business women.
Second Annual Career Job Fair
Mayor and council expected to discuss MBTA’s contract at next meeting
An expired contract has put the Morrow Business and Tourism Association’s fate in the hands of the mayor and council — but the MBTA doesn’t feel its fate should be there in the first place.
Forest Park was recently recognized nationally for its outstanding financial reporting.
Dutchess came into the Clayton County Humane Society shelter with her sad owner.
City Manager Ronnie Few has stripped the Morrow Business and Tourism Association of many of its powers until the mayor and council can decide whether to give them back.
I can truthfully witness to you today of the power of the Holy Spirit, for I have experienced His power in witnessing to lost people — those who are not Christians.
Constituents hoping to meet with Commissioner Sonna Gregory should take note of some schedule changes.
Taurus Chrisler was honored for five years of dedication to the department at the mayor and council meeting Tuesday evening.
JONESBORO — When Half Pint’s owner died, he was homeless with no one to care for him — until he arrived at the Clayton County Humane Society.
Volunteer training workshop
Get ready to spend a little more time in Morrow’s council chambers.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Newspapers announce winners of annual coloring contest
- Women on the Move Summit inspires women to move forward
- Chick-fil-A founder Truett Cathy’s timeline
- Truett Cathy lives on through the people he touched
- Remembering Georgia legend Truett Cathy
- Truett Cathy changed my life at 12 — Matthew McCord
- Forest Park pledges never to forget 9/11
- U2 releases new album for free on iTunes
- Riverdale council members support county’s only culinary arts program
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' dominates weak box office
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water