Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
Clayton County will play host this weekend to a popular singer for singing about the “Bump n’ Grind” while “The Bandit” returns to downtown Jonesboro Saturday.
As the school years winds down and students thoughts shift toward a summer of play, the Clayton County Library System is asking teens to consider spending a few more months hanging around books.
Woodrow Wilson had only been president of the United States for two months when Hazel Dorminy was born. The “Great War” hadn’t begun and people were still living in the Edwardian era.
Myrna White began to get teary-eyed when she realized her name was about to be called.
It often happens when two strangers meet and take an immediate liking to each other.
There are still opportunities to get tickets to the Morrow Business and Tourism Association’s Kiwanis Concert Under the Stars.
The Clayton County Humane Society is taking a little inspiration from the biblical story of Noah’s Ark for a new store it is opening this weekend.
Don’t underestimate senior citizens' ability to get down with their bad selves.
When Clayton County residents debate the biggest threat facing them, they probably aren’t ranking alligators high on their lists.
The Clayton County Humane Society has canceled its Saturday spring yard sale because of the looming threat of rain.
More than 100 cancer survivors kicked off the Relay for Life of Clayton County at Southern Crescent Stadium Friday.
A Dec. 6, 1930, report card shows President John F. Kennedy committed an unofficial cardinal sin for pre-Vatican II Catholics when he was a student at the Canterbury School in New Milford, Conn.
Relay for Life and CSU hosting major events
Clayton County will be filled with runners, mothers, daughters and partiers this weekend.
Maybe Mother Nature isn’t ready to show the love for animals this weekend.
Twenty-five Comcast Cable employees and Jonesboro residents came together Saturday to restore a place where stillborn babies are remembered.
- New 24-hour gym working out for southside
- Lake City centurion gets her own day
- Airport’s White named Clayton’s top business woman
- Flourishing business is a family affair
- A century of memories 2 comments
- Seniors show off dance moves at Mayfest 4 comments
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- National Archives opens presidential education exhibit
- One stitch at a time
- Fruits, vegetables and friends can be found at The Country Store 1 comment
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water