Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
‘Friends of Morrow’ claims Councilwoman Jeanell Bridges voted based on racial prejudice
An email circulated just before council voted to hire controversial candidate Melvin Douglas, Jr. as police chief made the issue racial — and accused Councilwoman Jeanell Bridges of racism.
Residents of Clayton County spent Thursday evening putting out virtual fires, tasting organic almond butter, marveling at blue velvet cake and learning about the progress their local government was making.
First Baptist Church
JONESBORO — Georgia Power continues to receive reports from customers of “scam artists” attempting to defraud both business and residential customers by posing as Georgia Power employees.
The Women in Business Council will hold a spotlight luncheon this weekend to celebrate the careers of women working in industries that are usually dominated by men.
The Atlanta Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center and Atlanta Veteran’s Affairs Regional Office will participate in U.S. Rep. David Scott’s 10th Annual Health Fair for the first time this weekend.
JONESBORO — Mayor Joy Day and the Jonesboro City Council interviewed candidates for the city clerk position during a special called meeting this week.
Riverdale and Jonesboro voted Monday night to join in the growing movement to perform a forensic audit to make sure Clayton County cities are getting their fair share of SPLOST funds.
Andy is a young terrier mix that weighs about 10 pounds.
Mayor and council consider limiting powers of Downtown Development Authority following leasing conflicts
Riverdale mayor and council continued to struggle Monday to make sense out of the confusion surrounding Utopian Academy for the Arts’ failure to open over these past two weeks.
Americans for the Arts and the National Association for the Counties honored Clayton County’s arts program last month.
If we acknowledge Jesus is Lord of our lives, then we don’t have to allow life’s difficulties, even when they cause suffering from disease or for our faith, to take the joy God is eager to provide.
First Baptist Church
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Veterans, children enjoy U.S. Rep. David Scott's annual health fair Saturday in Jonesboro | PHOTOS
- Garth Brooks breaks Philips Arena performance record with seven consecutive shows
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' still 'kowabunga' at box office
- Consumer Qs: Mortgage Lifter tomatoes known for size, flavor
- Wife says Robin Williams was sober, had Parkinson's at death
- Actress Lauren Bacall dies at 89
- Sheriff: Robin Williams hanged himself, found with knife and cuts on arm
- Tracy Morgan's lawyer says '30 Rock' star is 'struggling,' gives Walmart lawsuit update
- Celebrities react to death of Robin Williams
- Actor Robin Williams found dead in apparent suicide | PHOTOS | VIDEO | POLL
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water