Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
Nicholas Wahrmann and his brothers, Ryan and Jonathan, got up close and personal with “Millie” at the William H. Reynolds Memorial Nature Preserve in Morrow Saturday.
JONESBORO —There’s a new scam that could be hitting your email inbox.
Clayton County children who rely on free or reduced price school breakfasts and lunches for two meals a day during a school year will have a meal option this summer.
Everything old is eventually new again, whether its an annual summer camp or a decade of wild fashions.
Morrow’s top cop is leaving to return to his roots in Atlanta.
County will install vending machines for animal food at International Park
Clayton County Parks and Recreation officials hope new vending machines at International Park will be all they’re quacked up to be.
Clayton County commission Vice-Chairwoman Shana Rooks, third from left, presents a proclamation to 6-year old Hailey Bankhead, who is fighting to raise awareness of childhood cancers through her family’s nonprofit group, the Hailey Bankhead Foundation. Bankhead was diagnosed with Stage 4 Wilm’s Cancer in January 2013. The foundation will partner with the Clayton County Police Department to host its second annual 5K run and walk Saturday at 10:15 a.m. at the Gerald Matthews Sports Complex, 1935 McDonough Road in Lovejoy. Anyone interested in participating in the event can register online at haileybankhead.weebly.com. (Staff Photo: Curt Yeomans)
Clayton County Library System is hosting a Ready? Set? Future! workshop April 5 from 10 a.m. until 12 p.m. at the Headquarters Library.
Shelter is asking for yard sale donations
JONESBORO — The Clayton County Humane Society is kicking off the warm weather with its Spring Treasures for PAWS yard sale.
The Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 5080 Ladies Auxiliary raised a lot of dough to help families of hospitalized veterans over the weekend.
JONESBORO — Kenn Cobb wants his upcoming play, The Mentor, to be a teaching moment.
Summer is a time when school is out, children are playing outdoors and parks tend to get a little busier. But this summer will likely be marked with the load clanging and the roaring engines of construction equipment in Jonesboro’s Lee Street Park.
Thousands of job seekers lined up at the Georgia International Convention Center Friday morning to be one of the first people in the door at Congressman David Scott’s annual 13th Congressional District Jobs Fair.
Fish swim in schools. Birds fly in unified formations. And other animals like wolves, bears and even insects like bumble bees travel in packs.
Local job seekers will vie for more than 4,200 jobs Friday when Congressman David Scott (D-Ga.) holds his 11th annual 13th Congressional District Jobs Fair.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- HBO strikes deal with Amazon to stream shows
- Oscar winner Lupita Nyong'o named People's most beautiful woman
- Clayton County Meals on Wheels supporters hoping everything comes up roses for Mother’s Day fundraiser
- Stately Oaks, Historical Jonesboro gearing up for annual Native American Heritage Day
- Lindsay Lohan reveals miscarriage on finale of OWN series
- Country singer and cancer survivor Kevin Sharp dies at 43
- Clayton County adopts new rules for opening warming, cooling centers
- Rotarians recognize students for life insights
- Pop singer Miley Cyrus cancels concerts after hospitalization
- Paul Walker's brothers to fill in for late actor in 'Fast & Furious 7'
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water