Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
The Center of Hope Church, 3460 Noah’s Ark Road in Jonesboro, presents Resuscitation Tour June 28 at 5 p.m.
Possible fiscal year 2016 budgets could cut 9 jobs
Some high-paid department leaders could be out of a job if Riverdale’s city council passes the proposed fiscal year 2016 budget.
COLLEGE PARK — The City of College Park will be featured on WPBA-30, Georgia’s Public Broadcasting channel.
Pitted against Jackson in July 14 run-off
The unofficial results are in from Tuesday’s special election of the Clayton County Board of Education’s District 9 seat.
There aren’t any answers for Southern Regional Medical Center, yet.
The Clayton County Board of Commissioners gave Southern Regional Medical Center $500,000 to hold it over while the county waits to hear whether the struggling hospital could have a financier in the near future.
Speedway Children’s Charities is hosting its first ever drive-in move June 20 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway.
Oliver Elementary has been a statewide champion of the Stock Market Game four times, the most of any elementary school in Georgia. It last won the title in 2013 and came close this year. Students Kendrick Chong and Xavier Campbell won as a team in this spring’s Stock Market Game.
JONESBORO – The Heritage Community Foundation presented a grant to Joseph Emert, president of Life Radio Ministries Inc. recently.
Clayton County offers variety of recreational activities
Eli Barton had never been fishing on a boat before.
JONESBORO — Independence Day is right around the corner and the Southern Crescent has a host of activities planned to help residents celebrate.
Few of the roughly 16,000 registered voters in Clayton County’s District 9 turned out for Tuesday special election.
Mayor Lockhart explains why sworn police officers, no other employees receive raise
Lockhart explains why sworn police officers receive a raise, while other departments see no pay increase
Trinity Lakeside Church, 3057 Walt Stephens Road in Jonesboro, is hosting a yard sale starting at 7 a.m. and barbecue starting at 10:30 a.m. June 27
More than 100 residents participated in fishing derby Saturday at Clayton County International Park.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Clayton County Public Schools, Clayton County Libraries
- Officials: Inaugural charter school year preparation on pace
- Reynolds Nature Preserve a lush green haven for animals, residents
- Officials encourage early registration for new students
- School board reviewing policies, FY16 millage rate
- Teacher completes Oxford Institute professional development program
- A day at the beach on Jekyll Island off the coast of Georgia
- Vacancies persist in Clayton County Public Schools
- Summer concerts, sports camps continue at Clayton State
- Schools to host TAPP Interest Meeting
- EUGENE ROBINSON: The long shadow of racism
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water