Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
Jenny Williams remembers her prom being a magical moment. Her rendition of shopping for her first prom dress managed to invoke a certain nostalgia.
Euell and Patsy Busby could have simply gotten dinner, eaten it and then gone home Friday.
Humane Society now collecting items for yard sale
The animals at the Clayton County Humane Society shelter need help.
JONESBORO — Clayton County resident Reneé Strong is getting rave reviews in the gospel music world for her angelic voice and sacred lyrics.
LOVEJOY — Divine Faith Ministries International Bishop Donald E. Battle greeted guests of the community and church members at Chick-fil-A’s “Meet Your Leader” night event on a dreary Monday.
Dinner will raise money for kids groups
The Jonesboro Kiwanis Club will hold a fundraiser with lots and lots of spaghetti at the Jonesboro Fire House Museum and Community Center Friday night.
RIVERDALE — Movale Hagler takes no shortcuts in her kitchen, when preparing some of her finest Southern soul food dishes for Clayton County residents.
Do Clayton and Henry counties need a regional sports council which could promote their athletic venues and access to travel infrastructure?
In any given place in the 18-county metro area of Atlanta, about 80 percent of the population either has no relationship with Jesus Christ, do not belong to a Christian church family or both.
MORROW — Georgia based actor Cedric Pendleton and educator Pete Key are collaborating to bring “Don’t Bully, I’m Going to Change the World,” their musical stage play that addresses anti-bullying issues to the Clayton County Performing Arts Center, better known as the PAC.
COLLEGE PARK — World Changers Church International will be host for Big Idea Entertainment’s new “VeggieTales Live: Happy Birthday Bob and Larry” tour. The date is slated for March 30 at 2 p.m., located at 2500 Burdett Road. Tickets are $15 through $30.
RIVERDALE — New Beginnings Hair Salon will pay homage to the city and clients tomorrow as it embarks on eight years of business and community services.
The general consensus among Arte Gras attendees was that Arts Clayton had outdone itself this year.
Clayton News Daily is trying out a new feature where people who speak during public comment at government meetings will get their voices heard in the newspaper.
Director hopes to show need for arts in schools
MORROW — The band played to an empty, dark hall Friday.
- New 24-hour gym working out for southside 1 comment
- Lake City centurion gets her own day
- Airport’s White named Clayton’s top business woman
- Flourishing business is a family affair
- A century of memories 2 comments
- Seniors show off dance moves at Mayfest 4 comments
- Houses show the love for birds, sports
- National Archives opens presidential education exhibit
- One stitch at a time
- Fruits, vegetables and friends can be found at The Country Store 1 comment
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water