Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
There may not be indigenous palm trees or a crystal blue sea in Clayton County, but residents will get a taste of the islands this weekend.
Geocaching offers high-tech treasure hunting
When Jimmy Kelly unwrapped a Christmas present in 2003 from his wife, he wasn’t really sure why she’d bought it for him.
The House of Dawn hosted its sixth annual chairty gala Saturday in support of homeless teen mothers.
The youthful veteran educators heard encouraging words from Georgia Retired Educators Association President Rita Marable, during the Clayton County Retired Educators Association meeting and luncheon Tuesday.
Lovejoy council and mayor sponsor appreciation luncheon for employees.
United Way of Greater Atanta recently won a grant that will help support a program that benefit’s metro Atlanta’s homeless veterans.
Citizens of the southernmost city in Clayton County will get a break this year on taxes.
Clayton County will be able to essentially get a free doctor’s check-up this weekend.
Administrators at Elite Scholars Academy in Morrow learned this week that the school was named a 2012 Georgia School of Excellence.
JONESBORO - Members of the community turned out to welcome new Clayton County Library Director Rosalind Lett.
Jeff Eady has a secret which isn’t widely known in Morrow outside of its government.
Clayton County Public Schools kicks off its first day of classes for an estimated 52,000 students.
Riverdale High School senior Clarke Martin recently completed training in the Flight Line Academy, sponsored by the Organization of Black Airline Professionals.
School nutrition workers Corinthia Alston and Sabrina Howard busily prepared the salads — 50 of them spread out over a large stainless steel table.
Thursday afternoon thousands of parents and students turned out to schools throughout Clayton County as part of the annual back-to-school open house event.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Moonshine and Magnolias revival planned for this weekend
- Ellen's Oscar 'selfie' crashes Twitter, breaks record
- OSCAR WRAPUP: '12 Years A Slave' makes history with best picture
- Pale metallics, bold jewel tones dominate Oscars Red Carpet
- Paula Deen continues comeback
- Love of the game
- Winter weather hits, schools closed
- French DJ duo Daft Punk, teenager Lorde take top Grammys
- Arts Clayton installs 2014 Board of Directors
- Justin Bieber arrested in Miami on DUI, drag racing charges
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water