Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
South City Summer Music Festival
Less than 10 percent of voters could turn out to vote in the runoff Tuesday
Less than 10 percent of Clayton County voters may end up helping to decide who runs for US Senate on the Republican ticket.
The Clayton County Humane Society and the Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals are looking for sponsors for their upcoming car and bike show.
Mt. Zion High School’s varsity cheerleading squad recently won the coveted banana at the end of a Universal Cheerleaders Association camp in June.
JONESBORO — Home and land owners could soon see sanitation services tacked on to their annual tax bill.
South City Summer Music Festival
Residents take advantage of weather, do a little fishing at J.W. Smith Reservoir
JONESBORO — Runnel and Rudy Collie sat along the bank of the J.W. Smith Reservoir hoping to catch the big one.
Here’s everything you need to know to vote early in Clayton County
In-person early voting ends Friday at 7 p.m. for Georgians.
Commissioner Michael Edmondson proposes ordinance change 2 weeks after special called MARTA meeting
At least one commissioner doesn’t want Chairman Jeff Turner to call special called meetings on his own anymore.
Only three candidates remain in the almost 2-month search for Morrow’s new police chief.
Southern Regional Medical Hospital reported that a person living in Riverdale has been diagnosed with malaria.
There’s a very poignant moment in the PBS production of ‘American Experience: 1964’ where a civil rights activist, Dave Dennis, talks about the eulogy he delivered at funeral of James Chaney, one of the three civil rights workers brutally murdered during Freedom Summer in Mississippi.
Whether travelers are planning to load up the car with the family or fly to a getaway, Better Business Bureau says there are ways to reduce the sting of vacation expenses.
JONESBORO — City Council voted Monday to purchase security cameras and have them installed immediately.
City council came one step closer to hiring a permanent city manager Tuesday night — and even named the man it’s been considering for the position.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Veterans, children enjoy U.S. Rep. David Scott's annual health fair Saturday in Jonesboro | PHOTOS
- Garth Brooks breaks Philips Arena performance record with seven consecutive shows
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' still 'kowabunga' at box office
- Consumer Qs: Mortgage Lifter tomatoes known for size, flavor
- Wife says Robin Williams was sober, had Parkinson's at death
- Actress Lauren Bacall dies at 89
- Sheriff: Robin Williams hanged himself, found with knife and cuts on arm
- Tracy Morgan's lawyer says '30 Rock' star is 'struggling,' gives Walmart lawsuit update
- Celebrities react to death of Robin Williams
- Actor Robin Williams found dead in apparent suicide | PHOTOS | VIDEO | POLL
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water