Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
An army of Jonesboro residents will fight to vanquish trash from their town’s main thoroughfare Saturday.
HAMPTON — “Eat my dust” took on a new meaning Saturday as color wafted behind The Color Run runners passing through the various color stations.
The Clayton County Humane Society’s yard sales are some of the biggest fundraisers the animal adoption group holds every year, but next month’s sale may not be as successful if items aren’t donated.
Are Clayton County schools safe?
Jonesboro youth Kaylin Dorjee stayed in her stroller Saturday, looking around as she took in the spectacle of nature around her at William H. Reynolds Memorial Nature Preserve.
It’s spring and while the flowers are showing signs of life as they blossom in a symphony of color, Southern Regional Medical Center officials want residents to check for signs of healthy living.
Lovejoy High School student Jabree Tyson sat on a bench in one of the South Clayton Recreation Center’s two gyms during a break from a game of pick-up basketball with his friends Saturday.
Nathan Tran tightly clutched a bag filled with dozens of plastic eggs as he walked across an activity field at the Gerald Matthews Soccer Complex Saturday.
RIVERDALE — The City of Riverdale, Mayor and Council and the Department of Cultural Affairs present a retrospect of works by Raymond B. Cody.
JONESBORO — Equipped with strong academic skills, Da Famous Boyzz will serve as peer mentors for Point South Middle School’s CRCT rally, Friday, April 5, at 10 a.m.
RIVERDALE — It wasn’t just Good Friday for Riverdale City Manager Iris Jessie, but it was rather goodbye, as she gave her final farewells to all her colleagues and friends on a sunny afternoon.
“Jesus” looked to the heavens as he hung from a cross behind St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church Friday and asked “Why?”
If Mother Nature gets her timing right, the azaleas may bloom just in time for the William H. Reynolds Memorial Nature Preserve’s annual Wild Azalea Festival April 6.
FOREST PARK — The house lights were dimmed at St. Philip Benizi Catholic Church on audience members last week, and there was a single spotlight that shined on the actors in the long-awaited play “Moonshine and Magnolias.”
JONESBORO — When it comes to what’s hot and in style, Adrienne Manuel-Spain is your go- to girl.
- Farmers market to bloom again in Jonesboro 1 comment
- Kaleidoscope camp remains colorful after 20 years
- County park up for national title 1 comment
- Donations needed to save 144-year old jail 1 comment
- Jonesboro Lions Club starting as a cub
- Cuban restaurant adding new flavor to Clayton
- Creative juices flowing at arts camps
- Jazz under the stars
- Women take center stage in ‘Steel Magnolias’ 1 comment
- Christians, cut the complaining - Gabriel Stovall
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water