Top Community stories
The Clayton County Marriage and Family Initiative, Inc., held its annual "Marriage & Family Day," on Thursday evening, and Larry Criss and his family were sitting on their lawn chairs, enjoying the festivities.
Four Clayton County charitable organizations were recognized for their work in the community, and received $5,000 grants, each, from the Community Foundation of Greater Atlanta's Clayton Fund.
While Clayton County has dodged snow and ice this time around, winter weather can still rear its dangerous head.
RIVERDALE — For a second year, students from Riverdale High School will participate in the Annual Young Litigators Moot Court Competition.
MARTA and Morrow may have some scheduling issues.
Councilman Wallace Norrington has always thought of Jonesboro as an example of a loving city.
The Clayton County Water Authority will host its monthly Small Local Business Enterprise Program workshop 2 p.m. until 3:30 p.m. Feb. 18 to encourage businesses to learn about the Authority’s certification process and procurement opportunities.
The Palms at Lake Spivey was recently designated a Best of 2015 Awards recipient by SeniorAdvisor.com.
The Clayton County Chamber of Commerce and Rotary Club of Clayton County have announced the 2015 Clayton County STAR students and STAR teachers.
Clayton County teens discussed with their adult counterparts issues affecting them and how best to address those issues to bring about positive change.
Members of the newly formed Du Bois Integrity Academy community joined leaders throughout Clayton County to celebrate the state charter school’s groundbreaking this week.
The Clayton County Convention & Visitors Bureau is hosting its annual Family Reunion Showcase 10 a.m. unitl noon March 7 at the Georgia Archives in Morrow.
The First Baptist Church of Morrow, 1647 Lake Harbin Road in Morrow, invites the community to worship services every Sunday morning at 11 a.m.
The Morrow Business and Tourism Association may be close to contracting with the city again.
Council passed an ordinance Tuesday that will allow the city to spend the tax more generally, despite supsicion from residents.
The city’s Urban Redevelopment Agency discussed hiring a PR liaison Thursday to promote Fort Gillem to residents.
Officials raise awareness of American Heart Month
In an effort to encourage Clayton County residents to improve their physical fitness while also enjoying the county’s many natural amenities, the Clayton County Board of Health and the Clayton County Department of Parks and Recreation are collaborating on a new initiative — Get Fit Clayton.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Councilwoman hopes to set aside day to remember ‘Grandma of Forest Park’
- BOE approves resolution for District 9 special election
- Reps Valencia Stovall, Mike Glanton propose free surplus property for nonprofit groups
- Clayton sixth-grader to compete at state spelling bee
- Forest Park Police Department celebrates state certification
- VITA Free Tax Assistance Saturday at Clayton State
- Future dental hygienists present during Research Day at Clayton State
- Jessie Goree recognized for leadership among women
- School Notebook: Valdosta State University recognizes locals
- School leaders critical of state-oriented governance ideas
- Gospel on the Green event held Saturday in Riverdale
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 26, 2012
- HENRY CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Fish fry Saturday at Bethel United Methodist
- AROUND CLAYTON/Sept. 6, 2012: Rotary club meets
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Sept. 6, 2012: Anniversary celebration on tap
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 24, 2012: Forest Park church hosts VIP ministries
- AROUND CLAYTON/Aug. 17, 2012: Last day for immunizations
- CLAYTON CHURCH BULLETIN/Aug. 16, 2012: Jazz Festival in Hampton coming up
- Holy Cross church moves
- AROUND CLAYTON: July 20, 2012
People Helping People
- Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity bowls for funds
- Motorcycle fundraiser for special needs baseball field
- Muscular dystrophy benefit Saturday at Sharon Baptist
- Neighbors watching neighbors 1 comment
- Congressman’s scholarship recipients include Clayton, Henry pupils
- Chick-fil-A taking last-minute Back to School donations
- ‘Knowing Your Community’ 1 comment
- Man supported charity with money ... and bikes
- Braves host mammoth blood drive July 23
- Seniors can beat the heat with free wind and water