Top Faith stories
Greater Solid Rock to host Community Evangelism Block Party
Riverdale church seeks volunteers for prison ministry
Nancy Grace to speak at College Park benefit
New Day Covenant Ministries sponsors youth conference
Tara Baptist Church hosts community market
Riverdale Department of Community, Cultural Affairs and Leisure Services will present Gospel on the Green Saturday.
If we have as much power in the Holy Spirit as we Christians say we do, then chronic complaining should be among the last things on our to-do list.
New Vision Christian Church stepped up
“This was very nice of them to do this,” said Stockbridge resident Tresa Perry after she received a trunk-load of groceries from the parking lot of New Vision Christian Church, Saturday.
Nearly 300 youngsters and their parents crowded into the Lovejoy Community Center recently to see jolly old Saint Nick during the City of Lovejoy’s annual Christmas party.
Grammy nominated and Stellar Award winner Gospel Artist Byron Cage is headlining Riverdale’s Christmas concert, Saturday.
Registration required for gifts
The congregation of Restoration Community Outreach Center has been collecting toys since February, according to the pastor of the church, Avary Kemp.
Health screenings also offered at event
“Every day is a day of Thanksgiving,” said New Macedonia Baptist Church Pastor Gerry T. Anderson as he led prayer during the second annual Association of Christian Ministers of Clayton County Thanksgiving Dinner.
Information on senior services shared at event
More than 100 senior citizens took part in the 17th annual Celebrating Seniors Health and Service Awareness Seminar/Expo and Luncheon held Thursday at Divine Faith Ministries International Church.
Local organizations offer support services to grandparents
These organizations help households like the Howllingtons and the Platts, which are sometimes referred to as grandfamilies — families headed by grandparents and other relatives, who share their homes with their grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and/or other related children. According to some national estimates, more than 6 million children across the country live in households maintained by grandparents or other relatives.
Dr. Betty Brittain continues educational legacy
STOCKBRIDGE - Henry County’s Betty Brittain, Ed.D., loves children. In fact, she spent her career as a public school teacher in the Clayton County school system shaping minds and molding character.
Driving through Clayton and Henry counties, you can see a church building on practically every corner.
Bethel Baptist women honor friend’s memory, minister to children
When Carolyn Dukes, a long-time member of Bethel Baptist Church in Jonesboro, passed away unexpectedly in March, nobody would have predicted that her memory would live on with a Sock Monkey ministry — but it has.
This Sunday (May 6) is Senior Adult Day at the First Baptist Church of Morrow, which is located at 1647 Lake Harbin Road.
Fellowship Baptist Church, 157 Rountree Road, Riverdale, is hosting The Blackwood Brothers Quartet Sunday at 11 a.m.
For members of Lovejoy First Baptist Church, the cross is a daily reminder of the sacrifice Jesus made for the world. Since 2010, volunteers have built thousands of small wooden crosses and gave them away free so Christians everywhere can display the “quiet yet powerful” message that they believe in God.
Clayton County Lifestyles
- Clayton State receives piece of $12.5 million in AmeriCorps grants statewide
- Teachers, staff and parents prep for new school year
- Local students get collegiate accolades
- Deal launches juvenile justice committee
- BOE unanimously approves first consent agenda of FY16
- Southern Crescent recognizes 101 Vietnam veterans during ceremony Sunday | PHOTOGALLERY| DOCUMENT
- Stone Mountain Park
- Clayton State film, digital media program information sessions set
- Forest Park Kiwanis Club fills back to school bin
- Rep. Sandra Scott and Sen. Gail Davenport to honor Georgia’s Vietnam vets Sunday
- Janet Jackson bringing 'Unbreakable World Tour' to Philips Arena
- A day at the beach on Jekyll Island off the coast of Georgia
- VIRAL VIDEO: Principal announces snow day with 'Let It Go' parody
- Georgia's Phillip Phillips, American Idol winner seeks to escape contract
- Musician Joe Cocker dead at 70
- Georgia's Luke Bryan cancels CMT Artist of the Year appearance following death in family
- Rolling Stones' sax player Bobby Keys dies
- NFL officially announces Katy Perry as halftime performer at Super Bowl
- Mike Nichols, crafter of films, plays, dies at 83
- People magazine names Chris Hemsworth 'Sexiest Man Alive'
- Arts Clayton patrons hop on beer bandwagon
- Kaleidoscope camp remains colorful after 20 years
- Firemen help send kids to arts camp
- Quilts by sew and sew
- Clayton students shine in Scott’s art competition
- Students with artistic talent wanted
- CSU band ‘count’-ed in for Basie concert
- Macbeth continues in Morrow
- Jonesboro frame shop hosting Fairburn painter 1 comment
- A little bit rouge