June 19, 2012
Who are the Clayton County Board of Education district representatives
Although the federal district court’s proposed district map for the Clayton County Board of Education does identify districts by their number, it does not include names of who represents what district. Below is a key, with a list of school board members by district, that will serve as a key to deciphering the maps.
• District 1: Pam Adamson (bottom, blue area)
• District 2: Wanda Smith (pink area)
• District 3: Jessie Goree (yellow area)
• District 4: Michael King (top, green area)
• District 5: Ophelia Burroughs (central, purple area)
• District 6: Mary Baker (central, turquoise area)
• District 7: Trinia Garrett (top, gray area)
• District 8: Alieka Anderson (top, brown area)
• District 9: Charlton Bivins (orange area)
— Curt Yeomans
Stories this photo appears in:
Public has until Monday to file objections
Members of the public have a very brief period of time — until Monday to be exact — to inspect the maps, and have their attorneys file any legal objections with the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, according to a June 15 order Pannell issued for the release of the maps for inspection.