The fastest two wheels to ever challenge the pit lane drag strip showed their muscle on Friday Night at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Read more
Fueled by what seems to be weekly rain showers or storms across the state, Georgia’s mosquito population is higher than average this year, said Elmer Gray, a University of Georgia Cooperative Extension entomologist and mosquito expert.
The organization provided school kits and book bags for close to 500 Clayton County school kids. Professional Basketball player and Jonesboro High grad Toney Douglas was on hand to sign autographs and take pictures with those in attendance.
“It’s an amazing time to be a part of the Study Committee to Revitalize the Atlanta State Farmers Market which is an historic landmark in Georgia,” Stovall said in a press release.
A New Mexico prosecutor said Wednesday that five suspects arrested at a New Mexico compound — including a man who allegedly abducted his child from Clayton County — were training children to commit school shootings, according to reports by CNN.
- Record-setting Acuna hits 2 HRs, leads Braves to 10-6 win over Marlins
- PREP ROUNDUP: Jonesboro’s Camilla Crooks throws no-hitter in win over Mount Zion
- Clayton State Basketball names 1,000-Point Scorer Dantez Bennamon as Graduate Assistant
- Acuna's homer heroics carry Braves to sweep of Marlins
- SOFTBALL: Stockbridge moves to 2-0 with 12-0 win over Lovejoy
- Acuna, Toussaint lead Braves past Marlins in DH opener
Local news headlines from Clayton News.
Get news alerts and breaking stories from Clayton News delivered to your email.
Sports headlines from Clayton News.
- Anthony Mackie to star in The Woman in the Window
- Laura Dern in talks to star in Little Women adaptation
- Tessa Thompson joins Lady and the Tramp
- Mark Wahlberg reveals why he initially rejected The Departed
- Circle Cinema's annual 'Slumber Party' horror movie marathon is set Saturday night
- Evangeline Lilly wanted to play Princess Leia in The Force Awakens
- Rep. John Lewis hospitalized after falling ill on plane
- The Stacey Abrams primary: Democrats weighing 2020 runs are rushing to Georgia
- Geoff Duncan leads David Shafer by slim margin in Republican runoff for lieutenant governor
- Georgia lawmaker who came under fire after yelling racial slur on TV resigns
- Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in California
- Kemp beats Cagle in landslide GOP gubernatorial runoff victory