The Muddy Princess, which is an outdoor obstacle run, took place May 9 at the Georgia International Horse Park in Conyers.
The women of Georgia were tired of being cooped up for more than a year with pandemic restrictions, and this was the opportunity that 1,400 women grabbed to have a fun, outdoor Sunday and maybe get some exercise as well.
Muddy Princess is an outdoor 5k (3.1 miles) obstacle mud run, and as the name suggests, it is for women - and women only! The obstacles were watered to make them muddier and slightly challenging to traverse.
The Muddy Princess runs have been taking place for the last few years and are scheduled at 40 locations around the U.S. The whole idea is to have fun, and there is no competition to be first. It does not matter whether you are a supermodel or super mom, slim or not so slim, strong or weak — all were welcome to participate, and they did.
There were diverse girls as young as 9 years to grandmothers braving the jumps and climbs just to finish. The Muddy Princesses had a blast running, walking, crawling, climbing, sliding, balancing and laughing their way along the course for an amazing “girls' dirty day out!”
- Victor HIll attorney asks governor to reconsider Clayton County sheriff's suspension
- Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp names first black women to lead state revenue, technology agencies
- Pornhub sued for allegedly serving nonconsensual sex videos
- Five shot, one fatally, in downtown Anchorage, Alaska
- Clayton police discover human remains
- Georgia schools committed to resuming in-person classes
- A Georgia police officer dies after being dragged by a suspect's car, and the suspect is dead after being shot, authorities say
- Repeat offender sentenced to 200 months in prison for dealing up to 10 kilos of heroin
- George Mason P Sang Ho Baek dies at age 20 after complications from Tommy John surgery
- Clayton schools hosting Friday Food Pantries through July 16
- Iconic fly fishing destinations in every state
- ON THE MARKET: Jonesboro home near Lake Jodeco features in-ground pool, large gazebo
- Highly anticipated albums coming out in 2021
- Countries most dependent on tourism
- From WikiLeaks to Colonial Pipeline, a history of cyberattacks in the US
- 12 KIDS... that's nuts! 10 movies to watch this Father's Day
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week - June 15
- Iconic movie props and where they are now
- 15 sketch comedy shows worth your while
- Key statistics small business owners should know in 2021