Roofstock selected 10 emerging real estate trends in 2021, using data from the Emerging Trends in Real Estate 2021 report compiled by PwC and the Urban Land Institute. The trends cover topics such as investment prospects, notable real estate markets, population migration, and the effects of COVID-19 on residential and commercial real estate.
10 emerging real estate trends in 2021Updated
Most important issues for the real estate market: job growth, pandemic, construction labor costsUpdated
COVID-19 accelerated the development of public open spaces, decline of storefront retailUpdated
Suburban migration is growing and will likely increaseUpdated
Government-sponsored enterprises bring the capital for real estate institutionsUpdated
Effects of COVID-19 are exacerbating the affordable housing crisisUpdated
Raleigh/Durham and Austin are two real estate markets to watchUpdated
Investment prospects are highest for industrial/distribution and single-family housingUpdated
Fulfillment, warehouses, and single-family rental subsectors have highest ROI potentialUpdated
Residential investment prospects grew the most for vacation homes, high-income single-family homesUpdated
Single- and multifamily housing starts are expected to plateau until 2022Updated
- By Andrew Lisa
Keep reading to find out how the move toward remote work impacted real estate as told through a series of trends identified by ZeroDown.
Sitting on 3-plus acres in small secluded neighborhood in Jonesboro, this private, almost 8,000 square foot home is the picture of luxury.
- By Angelica Leicht
Real estate referral site UpNest examined household wealth by generation using Federal Reserve data that goes back to 1989.
- By Nicole Johnson
UpNest analyzed ATTOM’s Year End 2020 U.S. Home-Flipping Report to identify 10 statistics that look at the state of the American home-flipping…
This magnificent, waterfront home on beautiful Lake Spivey in Jonesboro is currently on the market.
As featured on
Roofstock analyzed data from the U.S. Census Household Pulse Survey that tracked how many ho…
Shelf Engine analyzed data from the Environmental Protection Agency's 2018 Wasted Food Repor…
- ESPN's Dick Vitale announces second cancer diagnosis
- Trump sues to keep White House records secret, claiming executive privilege
- Czech lawmakers may strip hospitalized president of powers to end deadlock
- Gonzaga, UCLA give AP preseason poll Final Four vibes
- Clayton launches data microsite to attract investment, support businesses
- Clayton police identify man in Stockbridge fatal car accident
- Clayton police identify man found with multiple gun shot wounds, looking for next of kin
- Clayton police investigating fatal shooting in Riverdale
- Argument leads to Forest Park man's death
- 100-year-old Alabama woman doesn’t want to reveal her age because if she does she ‘can’t get no boyfriend’
- Gunshot victim believed to be missing 15-year-old
- Attorneys file petition to reinstate Victor Hill as sheriff
- Man found dead behind home in Rex
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- Over a thousand cosmic explosions traced to mysterious repeating fast radio burst
- These are the best songs EVER! Rolling Stone magazine reveals the 500 greatest tracks of all-time
- Easy On Me! The essential Adele playlist
- PHOTOS: Clayton County Flag Football Season Starts
- PHOTOS: Homecoming parade and tailgating from UGA-Kentucky game
- 'Nobody puts Baby in the corner'! From Dirty Dancing to Twilight, these are the top 10 most romantic movie kisses...
- 10 editorial and topical cartoons from the past week — Oct. 11
- PHOTOS: Atlanta Braves vs. Los Angeles Dodgers, NLCS Game 1
- 5 metros with the biggest ROI for house-flippers
- How to prepare for 15 types of emergencies
- PHOTOS: No. 1 Georgia rolls to win over No. 11 Kentucky